At MiddleOak®1 your privacy has always been important to us. We understand how important your privacy is to you, and we believe protecting your confidential information is a fundamental part of doing business. That is why, at MiddleOak, we ensure your privacy is fully protected under the law and we will:
- Never sell your personal information to anyone;
- Never share your information with non-affiliated third parties that might use it to contact you for their own marketing purposes;
- Restrict our employees’ access to your information, to only those who need to know, in order to provide products or services to you and for other reasons permitted by law;
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your confidential information; and
- Never disclose medical or personally identifiable information without your written authorization or as otherwise allowed by law.
Categories of Information We Collect
In an effort to provide the highest quality client service possible and to ensure we are meeting your insurance needs to the best of our ability, we collect certain information about you by mail, in person, electronically, or by phone dependent upon the types of products and services you are requesting or currently own. The information we collect about you may include information:
- From You: on applications or other forms, by phone and online, including your name, address, telephone and driver’s license number;
- About Your Transactions: with us, our affiliates or others, including the products and services you have purchased from us in the past, payment history, and account and policy information; and
- From Others: including consumer reporting agencies and other third-parties such as your creditworthiness, credit history, demographic data, motor vehicle reports and other related data.
How We Share Your Information
MiddleOak considers the types of information listed above confidential. However, from time to time and as allowed by law we may share the information mentioned above:
- Within the affiliated companies of MiddleOak and with our business partners for everyday business purposes such as to service your transactions, fulfill your claims, and maintain your account(s). We would only share that which is required to complete the service or transaction;
- As required or permitted by law to others, such as in response to court orders and legal investigations, or to consumer reporting agencies. Information sharing is limited to only that permitted or required by law;
- With joint marketing companies that perform marketing services on our behalf if we have joint marketing agreements; and
- In the future if you decide to terminate your relationship with MiddleOak, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement as amended from time to time.
We strive to keep our records of your information completely accurate. If you see any error in any of our communications to you, please write to us at MiddleOak, P.O. Box 891, Middletown, CT 06457 and we will promptly address any inaccuracy that may have occurred.
1 This Privacy Statement covers the following companies: Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company in Salem – Salem, Massachusetts and Middlesex Mutual Assurance Company – Middletown, Connecticut